I laud Akwa Ibom Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, for awarding contract for the construction of 8.5km Nduetong Oku/Ibiaku Uruan Road.
According to media reports, this road will pass through the popular Uyo City Polytechnic, a privately owned institution in Nduetong Oku, Uyo LGA and also has a 40m span bridge to link up the people of Ibiaku Uruan, thus providing access road to Planet 101.1 FM – a private radio station in Ibiaku Uruan, Uruan LGA.
Again, I salute the Governor for the official flag-off of the construction work for this long neglected road, yesterday, represented by Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Works, Mr Ephraim Inyang.
Worried about the spate of abandoned road projects across the state and shoddy road construction across the state, as a taxpayer whose resources will be used for this laudable road project, it would not be out of place to seek to know from my Governor or his agent/representative(s), if due processes were followed before awarding this road contract to Bulletine Construction Limited?
1) If there was an ‘Invitation To Tender’ published in recognised Newspapers (National and Local)?
2) If there was an ‘Open Bidding’ conducted by the ‘State Tender’s Board’ that led to the selection of Bulletine Construction Limited as the winner of the bid – based on the company’s expertise?
3) How are we convinced that the company (Bulletine Construction Limited) will deliver quality and durable road for the long marginalised people of the benefiting communities?
4) How much is the Contract Sum; and What is the Time of Delivery?
* Franklyn Isong is a public affairs commentator