On Thursday, 3rd May, 2018, Radar Newspaper conducted an online Opinion Poll on the Facebook Timeline of Franklyn Isong –its Publisher, for the people of Eket Federal Constituency. The aim of the Poll was to determine the best and popular possible House of Representative aspirant, from the Federal Constituency, for the 2019 elections.
In no particular order, the names of the possible aspirants were:
- Owoidighe Ekpoattai, incumbent, PDP.
- Pat Ifon, Member of AKISIEC, PDP.
- Bassey Willie, former AKHA Member for Onna – PDP.
- Godwin Umontuen, Lecturer, PDP.
- Godwin Oton Charlie, former AKHA for Onna – APC.
- Willie Willie, former councilor in Onna, APC.
- Courage Inam, former supervisory councilor in Onna -PDP.
- Vincent George, former vice chairman in Onna – PDP.
The Poll ended at 5pm Friday, 9th May, 2018. The details of the exercise are as follows:
- Owoidighe Ekpoattai – Nil
- Pat Ifon – 6 votes
- Bassey Willie – Nil
- Godwin Umontuen – Nil
- Godwin Oton Charlie – Nil
- Willie Willie – Nil
- Courage Inam – Nil
- Vincent George – Nil
Valid votes = 6
Void votes = 3
Total votes cast = 9
Hon. Pat Ifon emerged winner of the Poll with 6 votes.
Members of Radar Newspapers’ crew that collated and compiled the result were: Emmanuel Udoatta, Assistant News Editor; Celestine Udoekim, Political Editor and Stella Anyama, Company Secretary.
While we congratulate the winner, we thank all our participants.
Otuekong Franklyn Isong
(Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of Radar Newspaper)
Friday, May 9, 2018.